Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Astro Zombies!

Haha random song as a title.

Bleh. So, I'm pretty bored right now. I've been making and cutting stencils for like the past hour. Yesterday, I finished a stencil of a TV. Today, I'm working on one of a man in a gas mask, Joe Strummer, "DIY or die", "you don't need it.", and unity. It's probably going to take me a while longer to finish.

As I am writing this, I am listening to Fiction Romance by the Buzzcocks.

Today went by pretty fast, actually. Throughout my first four classes we didn't get much done. We watched a movie in both Health and NSL (1st and 2nd). Precalc was boring as usual. I actually listened today. I dozed off in the middle of class though...
During lunch I was talking to Thor about music, shows, and that stuff. Apparently the show I wanted to go to on November 2nd was very... how would I say this? Um, interesting. I wanted to go see Yip-Yip. Besides that, the band that they were opening for or whatever was AIDS Wolf. The interesting part was, apparently, the whole band was on PCP for the show and their singer was kind of... crazy. She jumped around and grabbed people in the crowd.
In 6th, I had a quiz, which to my surprise, I think I aced! In 7th we're still reading the Odyssey and will probably be doing that for some time.

Since I don't feel like talking (or typing, in this case) about the rest of my day at home, I'm going to talk about art or something... maybe music? Who knows. :p

sur-re-al-ism

[suh-ree-u-liz-uhm] -noun; a style of art and literature developed principally in the 20th century, stressing the subconscious or nonrational significance of imagery arrived at by automatism or the exploitation of chance effects, unexpected juxtapositions, etc.

I think that surrealistic art is amazing. Most people that I show it to think it's extremely weird or creepy. Some of it is, but that's what makes it so intriguing. I find that surrealism makes me think and it also makes me want to draw something interesting.
Here's some examples:
Hans Hemling by Michael Hussar
















Aren't these two paintings kind of fucked up? I find them amazing but they make chills run down my spine. I don't know why, but I love this type of art. If you want to see more surrealism, here's the place to go: beinArt
The one to the right is Mother and Child by Karl Persson.
The one below that is Shiny Chicken by Karl Persson

No comments: