Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Purple Bottle

Today I stayed home yet another day. My day wasn't bad. I slept more, downloaded more music, listened to it, then went to the doctor's. The doctor's place sucks. It's really boring when you have to wait there for like 30 minutes just so the nurse can ask you questions about random shit and then have to wait longer. When I came home I played some guitar and lounged around my house once again. My mom went back to work for a couple hours, which left me to do whatever I pleased. I sang Baby I'm An Anarchist as loud as I could and at the part where it goes, "I was burning the fucker and straining my black flag high!" I screamed that at the top of my lungs. I think my neighbors could hear me. Whatever, I don't really care what they think. At 5 pm, I went to this college thing with my parents at Whitman. It's one of those things where colleges come and you get to look at them and such. The good thing about this one, however, was that it was for art schools. I forgot to bring my portfolio so I didn't get to show any of the people my work. Ah well. I'm pretty glad I went, I'm happy to know that art schools don't care about your GPA as much as those damn Ivy League schools. I'm sure as hell I wont be making it in to one of those. For most of the art schools there, the requirement to get in was a 2.5-3.0 GPA and a good portfolio. At least I might get in to a liberal arts school. Screw rich people. Working as a starving artist, doing the thing you like to do, is way better than sitting at a desk or whatever. DESK JOBS FUCKING SUCK. I never want one. When I got home, it was around 6:30, I ate dinner, then went up to my room and just sat around, not bothering to do any of my homework.
The Purple Bottle, good song by Animal Collective. :]

No comments: